Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July Goal Retrospective

I initially typoed the headline as "gaol", and while that may sometimes be an accurate indication of my feelings toward goals I set up for myself, in this case I don't think so.  As Freud would no doubt say, sometimes a typo is just a typo.



  • 250 words written a day -- Done!
  • Revise 3 stories -- 1 revised twice, and 1 finished.
  • Clean up email -- nowhere close
  • Critique >= 6 short stories or submissions -- Done!
  • Get >= 2 stories critiqued -- 2 stories, but one of them again after revision.
  • Renaming exercises for story titles -- 0.
  • Submit >= 1 story -- 0.
Regarding submitting, I had big plans and had the story picked out (the one I revised, got critiqued, revised, and got critiqued?  Yeah, that one).  Fortunately (or not, depending on your point of view) when I returned from vacation, it was to an evisceration of how I used a given profession in a modern setting, but somebody who obviously knows more about that profession than I do.  It was great, and it gave me much to think about, but in the meantime I don't feel I can submit something that I know has flaws that I can fix.  It will just need a bit of time, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment