Saturday, October 5, 2013

October Goals

As previously mentioned, I'm trying to keep these shorter and more defined so that I can better track done or not done at the end of the month.. and perhaps in between.

  1. Write at least 250 words each day.
  2. Finish the NaNoWriMo newsletters
  3. Prep for NaNoWriMo this year.
  4. More revision of my latest story
  5. Post my latest story for critique.
The first goal is the same as I've been doing, and I'm happy to say I haven't broken my streak yet.  That's over 120 days for me so far.

The second and third goals tie together somewhat.  The newsletters need laid out, and that's just going to take time.  There's no way around that.  Also potentially taking time is figuring out my prep this year.  I want to experiment with other styles of planning to see what works, but I'm running a bit low on the time I have left to plan.

The fourth and fifth goal are also related in that I want to have a story polished and out for critique by the time we hit November and I'm completely distracted by a novel.  I'd like to do a couple revise/crit passes on the story, since it will undoubtedly be harder to pick up in a few months, but such is life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment