Sunday, July 7, 2013

July Goal the Seventh

My last writing goal for July, and potentially one of the hardest for me, as it's a step I haven't done since college: submit at least one story for publication.

Of course, I can't just make it easy on myself.  I intend to use one of the stories I edit into better shape, and I intend to do some research to figure out where best to submit it first.  I have decided I will submit to the most prestigious market I can find that it fits in first, and go down the list from there.  Hmm, perhaps a spreadsheet is in order...

Due to vacation vagaries and timing issues, I'm willing to cut myself a bit of slack on this one.  Since I'm on vacation in the last week of July that will entail me being cut off from internet access for the majority of the time, I'm willing to accept a detailed submission plan and prep instead: specific publication chosen, story formatted appropriately, and query written, all ready to be sent as soon as I return from vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment